One of the first foods I missed on the high fat and low carb way of eating was PIZZA. I even had dreams about it. I really enjoy this induction friendly pizza recipe. The ingredients needed include:
- 3 cups of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese (do not use pre-shredded cheese because there are starchy fillers which can lead to bloating and weight stalls)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of Garlic Salt
- Basil (either 1 drop of doTERRA Basil essential oil or 1 tsp of Basil dried/chopped)
- 1 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 100% Natural Tomato Sauce (I use Hunts) 1/4 cup
- Garlic 1/4 tsp
- Oregano (either 1 drop of doTERRA Oregano essential oil or 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In the mean time, mix the 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, 3 eggs, 1 tsp of garlic salt and basil.
- Place parchment paper on a flat cookie or pizza sheet pan. Make sure you cut the paper big enough for a 12-14″ pizza.
- Place the mozzarella cheese mix on the parchment paper and shape it like a pizza crust (see below).
- Place the pizza crust in the oven for 10-15″. Each oven varies for cook time. The crusts should be browned like in the picture below.
- Mix the 1/4 cup 100% Natural tomato sauce, 1/4 tsp garlic and Oregano Essential Oil or Italian Seasoning. After the sauce is mixed well, place the sauce evenly over the crust. It might not look like there is much sauce, but there are 3 net carbs in 1/4 cup.
- Apply the cheese and any other toppings. I used pepperoni. If you are adding vegetables, be sure to count your net carbs (Total Carbs – Fiber = Net Carbs).
- Cook in the oven until the cheese melts and is brown on the edges. Again, each oven’s cooking time varies. My oven took about 5 minutes.
The pizza comes off of the parchment paper easily. The total carbs for the entire pizza is:
- Eggs- 1.8 grams of net carbs
- Mozzarella- 9.8 grams of net carbs
- Garlic- 0.21 grams of net carbs
- Hormel Pepporoni- 0 grams of net carbs
- 100% Tomato Sauce- 3 grams of net carbs
- Garlic Salt, Basil and Oregano- 0 grams of net carbs
- doTERRA Oregano and Basil- 0 grams of net carbs
Total Carbs = 14.81 grams of net carbs
I can never eat an entire pizza in one sitting. This usually lasts me 3 meals, so there are 5 grams of net carbs for 1/3 of the pizza.
I hope you enjoy this pizza as much as I do!