How many of you are challenged by living with “carb-ivores?” At times I feel like I am a short order cook, making one thing for myself and different dishes for others. This Low Carb Zucchini Alfredo can satisfy any low carb critics’ taste buds. Everyone will be salivating before dinner is even done cooking; the Rosemary essential oil adds so much to this dish. The ingredients needed include:
Alfredo Sauce (begin cooking first):
- 2 T of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (generic works well too)
- 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream (make sure there are 0 carbs per serving)
- 1 clove of fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese finely shredded
- Optional: 30 shakes of Papa Murphy’s Herb and Cheese Blend
- Zucchini (I used a 1/2 pound zucchini to make a 1 cup serving)
- 1 T of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Optional: 2 drops of doTERRA Rosemary Essential Oil
- Mix all of the Alfredo Sauce ingredients together (2 T Philadelphia Cream Cheese, 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1 clove of chopped garlic, 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese and 30 shakes of Papa Murphy’s Herb and Cheese Blend) into a small to medium size pot.
- Melt the Alfredo Sauce ingredients slowly over a low to medium setting on your stove top. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- For the zucchini, you can either use a cheese grater or spiralizer to prepare.
- In another pot, put 1 T of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 drops of doTERRA Rosemary Essential Oil. Heat them on a medium to high setting. When you smell the essence of the Rosemary, it is time to add the Zucchini.
- Saute the zucchini for 5 minutes, being sure to mix continuously.
- Strain the zucchini in a colander strainer. It is okay if the zucchini noodles get cold, the sauce will make the dish plenty warm. You do not want the noodles to be over-cooked because they will become soggy. Once strained, place on a dish.
- Lastly, when the Alfredo Sauce is melted down serve over the zucchini noodles.
The total carbs for the entire recipe breaks down like this:
- Zucchini (1 cup)- 3 grams of net carbs
- Olive Oil- 0 grams of carbs
- doTERRA Rosemary Essential Oil- 0 grams of carbs
- Philadelphia Cheese- 2 grams of net carbs
- Garlic- 0.21 grams of net carbs
- Butter- 0 grams of net carbs
- Heavy Whipping Cream- 0 grams of net carbs
- Papa Murphy’s Herb and Cheese Blend- 0 grams of net carbs
Total Carbs = 5.21 grams of net carbs (this includes ALL of the sauce and zucchini)
My husband, 13-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter all love this recipe. After we dish up the sauce (the carb-ivores use tortellini), we have plenty of left overs. I use the left over sauce (about 1 cup) as a cream soup the next day. As a cream soup, it is absolutely delicious and filling! Re-heat it up in the microwave or on a stove-top.