Hey everyone! It has been a couple weeks since my last post. In the mean time, I made these simple and amazing low carb crackers that I want to share with you. Are you looking for some food with crunch? This recipe is for you! It makes about 6 to 7 servings and is approximately 2.5 net carbs per serving!
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Cups of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic juice
- 1 drop of Basil essential oil- copy the link here to get the Basil that I use: http://www.mydoterra.com/stephaniedmcguire
- Large microwaveable bowl
- Large cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Pizza cutter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the almond flour and mozzarella cheese together (I used my hands). Then add the cream cheese and mix together. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir and then heat again for 30-45 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients. I used a spoon at this point the stir the mixture.
- Place the contents on parchment paper and place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the mixture.
- Roll out the dough until thin.
- Use the pizza cutter and cut the dough into squares or heck you could make triangles! Go crazy! Mine were by no means perfect.
- Make sure you cook the crackers on parchment paper. Place in the oven for 5 1/2 minutes, flip them over and then cook for another 5 1/2 minutes.
- After they are done cooking, place the crackers on a cooling rack.
Thanks for visiting!
~The Low Carb Spread~